If you are interested in applying for this position, email me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently interviewing for this position.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Job duties are below:
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance - eligible 1st day of month following 60 days of employement
- 90 Day Probationary period
- Paid benefits: Sick, personal, vacation
~~Summary: Supports the Medical Services Department of Mary Hall Freedom House by providing the excellent intake assessment and high quality nursing care to clients with a substance abuse and/or mental health background and provides ongoing medical services of the organization in a systematic and consistent manner. Participates actively in the development of competence of the medical services of the organization to meet the goals and objectives outlined in the mission and policies and procedures of the organization. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the operations of day-to-day medical services activities are adequately delivered to function in the most effective and efficient manner to meet the needs of the persons served.
• Demonstrates an open inclusive and respectful approach which values individuals.
• Works closely with the Admissions Coordinator as it relates to the intake of clients with a substance abuse and/or mental health background.
• Promote shared care and partnership with housing staff by visiting clients on a daily basis or as needed, at the housing location, to provide new clients a range of information, advice and support as it relates to appropriate health.
• Undertake the ongoing assessment of client care needs, including developing, implementing and evaluating action plans while involving the client to promote the recovery process empowering the client to take responsibility for their health and wellbeing.
• Experienced in Crisis Stabilization and exercise responsibility and provide nursing support.
• Assess client need for services and refer to other agencies where appropriate.
• Assists with the development and administration of organization’s policies and procedures in alignment with the requirements of the agency’s accrediting body and primary funding sources in cooperation with other agency departments.
• Maintains all necessary records, reports, and training tools to acquaint all employees with an adequate understanding of the functioning of the medical services in all areas of the organization as required.
• Monitors timely submission of reports and input of required program information into outside agency databases (i.e., Epitomax).
• Reviews and tracks all medical services activities; and recommend changes in them, or better utilization of facilities, services and staff as needed.
• Performs medical surveys and medication audits to ensure the needs of the clients are being met.
• Coordinates services with medical partners and assist with annual medication review.
• Assist Medical Director with client physicals on a weekly basis.
• Keeps track of utilization of medical supplies to make certain that efficiency is practiced in the utilization of them at all times.
• Prepares and submits budget, records, reports and statistical data to Director of Program Services and Deputy Director as required.
• Participates actively in the planning for staff and client development needs as it relates to medication use and effects of medication.
• Assists with education of staff in the monitoring of client self-administration of medication.
• Maintains and updates Medical Policies as required by organization and regulatory agencies.
• Oversees operation of the medical clinic for the clients; and recommends procedures changes, or other courses of action to improve the delivery of care to them.
• Participates in the orientation of new employees in Medical Services, and ensures that they have completed their orientation process before they are assigned regular tasks and duties in their department.
• Makes community and outreach contacts with outside medical and healthcare professionals to build collaborative relationships with professional partners who can provide education or training to clients and staff on smoking cessation, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and/or health and wellness.
• Represents agency at internal and external meetings and functions as needed.
• Responsible for facilitating the healthcare education classes for clients twice a week.
• Maintain and update skills and knowledge.
• Maintains awareness and knowledge of current trends, and techniques guiding the medical services care for consumers in the behavioral health field.
The Program Nurse must have good listening and assessment skills, good communication skills for one to one interventions, ability to educate both on a one to one level and in a group setting (educational facilitation). The Program Nurse must be able to handle the mental and emotional demands of working with clients who may be distressed, withdrawing from drugs/alcohol. Must have good organizational skills and be a team player. Should have a mature outlook with developed interpersonal skills and a calm approach. Must be able to manage time effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have experience of working with people who have an addiction problem. Must have a Nursing or healthcare background in mental health and substance abuse with a preferred five to ten years’ related experience and/or training; at least five years of demonstrated experience supervising a medical services program in mental health/substance abuse, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Electronic Health Record systems, Assessments & Microsoft Access Database software, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. Knowledge of Epitomax is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current State of Georgia driver’s license, RN licensure or certification, or completion of certified nursing training program, or higher degree or training.
Mary Hall Freedom House is a non-profit behavioral healthcare provider. Our mission is to free women and women with children by empowering them to break the cycle of addiction, poverty and homelessness.
Mary Hall Freedom House, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability.